Wednesday 11 February 2015

I Love Fresh - Juice Detox Diet - Eat Your Greens!

We all remember being nagged by our mothers to eat our greens. I sat at the dinner table for a whole hour after everyone else had left, miserably pushing sprouts around my plate. Not any more! Now I’m older I am aware of how important it is for me to take care of my own health. No one else is going to do it for me thats for sure! I am also very aware of my skin and how fast it is changing. ‘I Love Fresh’ has made all of this worry disappear. With their juice cleanses I can get my body balanced and in full detox swing on a monthly basis. It also ensures that I can easily cram in the enormous amount of fruits and vegetables that my body desires on a detox. There is no way I could force the amount I need down if it was on my plate and I had to constantly chew!
All of the fruits and vegetable are just as important as each other. All working together to give us the best of them. However, since ‘I Love Fresh’ was born, I have gained a huge amount of knowledge on all of this nutritious life enhancing food. All of which I am going to share with you!  Starting with my personal favorites… ‘The Greens!’ The supermen of Veg! Here we go and in no importance of order except my own view on how fabulous they are…
10, Romaine Lettuce… This sturdy part of most salads offers us more than we think. Not only does it help us to get that beach body we all want every summer, it also promotes heart health and can help prevent strokes as well as cancer! It builds healthy bones, eyes, skin, and mucous membranes.
9, Swiss Chard… Tastes like spinach with a hint of sweet, like beetroot, which is lovely in itself, however other than a lovely taste, it helps maintain connective tissue, controls heart rate and blood pressure, as well as sugar levels. It prevents anemia and boosts immunity.
8, Turnip Greens… lovely in a soup. They enhance collagen synthesis, build healthy bones, combat anaemia, and boost immune defences against cancer and illness.
7, Cucumber… The salad staple. Keeps you hydrated… Flushes out toxins, lavishes you with vitamins, supplies skin-friendly minerals: magnesium, potassium, silicon, aids in weight loss, revives the eyes and boost immune defences against cancer and illness.
6, Rocket… Not only does it spice up a boring salad it inhibits cancer growth and improves immune defences, and helps to build healthy bones.
5, Iceberg… The nations favourite salad does more than make a Caesar Salad. Although the lowest of all leafy greens, nutritionally it combats anaemia, heart disease and age related illnesses.
4, Courgettes! Amazing because they taste good in everything! Also courgettes contain very few calories and have a high water content, which makes them a dieter's friend. They aren't a powerhouse of micronutrients, but they do provide useful amounts of immune system-boosting vitamin C, and significant levels of potassium, which is key to controlling blood pressure. The soluble fibre in the skin slows down digestion, and so stabilises blood sugar and insulin levels. Soluble fibre also helps prevent constipation and relieves irritable bowel symptoms.
3, Broccoli. Not only does it make a good roast...the health benefits of broccoli are very extensive. It is loaded with essential nutrients and also has therapeutic properties. It contains high levels of fibre (both soluble and insoluble) and is a rich source of vitamin-C, just a 100 gram serving of broccoli will provide you with more than 150% of your recommended daily intake of vitamin C, which in large doses can shorten the common cold. It can also lower the risk of developing diabetes and heart disease and certain cancers. It can help with Osteoarthritis, protect skin against UV light and help detoxify air pollutants in the body...who knew?!
2, Spinach… Lovely raw or cooked in any way possible. It improves red blood cell function, strengthens bones, regulates heart rate and blood pressure, and combats free radicals.
And my all time favorite…
1, Kale! Here we go, here comes the long list… It is the most nutrient dense green leafy vegetable. It is an anti inflammatory, it’s low in carbs and low in calories.
It contains:
Antioxidants
Vitamins A, C, K
Calcium
Potassium
Lutein
Per calorie, Kale has more iron than beef, and more calcium than milk. It also promotes healthy vision and retinal function, fights cancer, lowers cholesterol, helps with weight loss, strengthens bones and keeps your skin looking good!
All hail to Kale!

No comments:

Post a Comment